Teaching and Learning
At Footscray North Primary School we adhere to the Principles of Learning and Teaching that state students learn best when:
1. The learning environment is supportive and productive
2. The learning environment promotes independence, interdependence and self-motivation
3. Students’ needs, backgrounds, perspectives and interests are reflected in the learning program
4. Students are challenged and supported to develop deep levels of thinking and application
5. Assessment practices are an integral part of teaching and learning
6. Learning connects strongly with communities and practice beyond the classroom.
We use these principles to strengthen our teaching practices. These principles aim to:
· Build consistent, comprehensive and improved pedagogical (teaching) approaches within and across our school
· Focus teaching to meet the diverse needs of students
· Strengthen learning communities within our school community.
We are committed to delivering a high quality and comprehensive curriculum to our students.